Thread: Unable to install HotSpot Shield with IE & Firefox

Unable to install HotSpot Shield with IE & Firefox

I installed Hotspot Shield on my PC (I have Windows XP Pro) and everything was working fine. However, I discovered that when I disconnected from the Shield program, I cannot get onto the internet using IE or Firefox when I start HSS. HSS pulls the options successfully but my laptop will not let me browse. Not even single pages would load in any of my browsers.

Re: Unable to install HotSpot Shield with IE & Firefox

My guess is that it has something to do with the way you connect to the internet. Perhaps the HSS changed some settings? Once you have installed Firefox you are ready to go get the Anchor Free Hotspot Shield and surf happily in Starbucks. The link to the FREE download is the link below this blurb. For firefox, go tools>options>advanced>network>settings. This is place where you configure how to connect to internet.

After you installed Hotspot Shield on your computer, a small red shield was placed in the bottom right corner of your icon bar. Click on the red shield and choose 'Connect' from the menu. There are two ways to connect to internet. They are: direct connection and proxy connection. If you are using wired/wireless connection through a modem you bought, then it should most probably be a direct connection. A browser window will open and begin to connect to the internet securely. Once the shield turns green, it is safe to browse the internet.

If you are connecting to a wifi hotspot, then it should be a proxy connection(most proxy addresses are 192.168.1.1). Just remember that when you connect to the VPN the program will automatically open in the Firefox browser. HotSpot Shield Problems with IE & Firefox free-vpn-serviceWith the increasing popularity of mobile computing and Public WiFi Networks in hotels, airports, shopping complexes, hospitals etc., the problems of hacking and identity theft are becoming a common problem.