Thread: What is MyTop tool in SQL

What is MyTop tool in SQL

Hi,
    I am currently learning MySQL. I came around a tool called MyTop. I need some information on it. Like first of all for what purpose does it is used. Secondly what is the output of the program. And how to configure it. Does it supports all platforms like Linux, MAC or Windows. That means it is equipped with cross platform support or only works in a particular OS only. What are the configuration setting for it if I need to install this on Linux. Any suggestions would really be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: What is MyTop tool in SQL

It is console based tool. That means it does not supports GUI mode. The tool is basically used for observing the the thread and the performance of MySQL. It supports MySQL 3.22.x, 3.23.x, and 4.x server. The tool mostly supports all type of Unix systems. This also includes the Mac OS X. So this means you can use it on any platform. But in MAC version it needs Perl, DBI, and ReadKey. Otherwise it will not work. The tool aims in giving you information of the database with queries and its processing.

chromaj Guest

You can use the tool on multiple platforms. The minimum requirement for the tool is Perl 5.005 or newer, Getopt-Long, DBI and DBD-MySQL and Term-ReadKey from CPAN. This tool can work with both long and short command-line arguments. Some of the arguments implies to it are -u or -user username for username logging, -p or -pass or -password password for password, -h or -host hostname for adding up the hostname of the server, -d or -db or -database database for database, etc.

MyTop is a type of MySQL tool which is used to observer the activities in the database. The tool gives you a similar look of Unix application. By this tool you can see that what is going on in real time in the MySQL server including the number of queries every second. The tool is handy and works on many platforms. The tool gives out a wide information that helps the user to understand about the functioning of server. It is easy to use tool and you can download it for free.

jhnsmith978 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ThoMas321 View Post
    It is console based tool. That means it does not supports GUI mode. The tool is basically used for observing the the thread and the performance of MySQL. It supports MySQL 3.22.x, 3.23.x, and 4.x server. The tool mostly supports all type of Unix systems. This also includes the Mac OS X. So this means you can use it on any platform. But in MAC version it needs Perl, DBI, and ReadKey. Otherwise it will not work. The tool aims in giving you information of the database with queries and its processing.
    ok..
    It means it cannot be used with .NET...
    am I right??