Thread: best way to convert various video extensions to WMV

best way to convert various video extensions to WMV

I am looking for the best way to convert popular extensions such as .mpg, .flv, etc to be converted to .WMV. I have developed the silverlight player that plays the WMV file. Now, visitors will upload any popular extension from the website. The best way to convert popular extensions such as .mpg, .flv, etc to be converted to .WMV. Is there any free third party library available that can be used along with asp.net/C#?

Re: best way to convert various video extensions to WMV

ffmpeg -i c:/source.mpg c:/destination.wmv, WMV is also a container format. A WMV file is in most circumstances encapsulated in the Advanced Systems Format (ASF) container format. The file extension .WMV typically describes ASF files that use Windows Media Video codecs.

I have only 2 files. ffmpeg.exe and ffplay.exe. Where to download the codec you specified and how to integrate it?

The resulting files claim the .AVI, or .MKV file extensions, respectively. WMV can be stored in an AVI file when using the WMV 9 Video Compression Manager (VCM) codec implementation. Right click on the selected WMV files to bring up the context menu and select Convert. In the Video Format Conversion window, select MPEG-1 or MPEG-2 from the Output->Format list. If you want to change the output quality, select the video/audio combobox. (optional), Video quality of WMV. Microsoft claims that WMV 9 provides a compression ratio that is two times better than MPEG-4, and three times better than MPEG-2;

This HD Video Converter can help me convert any hd video formats to another. For Mac users who wish to convert WMV to MP4, MOV MKV, 3GP, MPG, etc on Mac, who want to play WMV on iPod, iPhone, Sony PSP, Apple TV, I believe it can help you to solve any problem in conveting any hd video files to m2ts,mts,trp,mod,ect files. And iPod, BlackBerry, QuickTime, and any other players, just follow the 3 steps to control the MACOS video converter to work.