Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 24-09-2009

partition magic help

Alright, I'm pretty dissappointed with the "good" reputation PM8.0 had. I recieved it, and in an attempt to resize a partition on my primary hard drive, it was a success, except for one extremely major thing. The drive I had kept my 'My Documents' folder on, along with about 200GB of other information, including music, pictures, school work, etc. has been destroyed. The format is now "Type EE", which I've looked and looked online but it seems I'm the only one with this error. When I try doing anything to the drive I get an error 631. What really bugs me is that this drive wasn't even part of the freaking partition I was resizing, so why would it have been corrupt. I can't do any chkdsk or whatever because my computer doesn't recognize it, not even in Device Manager.

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/6149/47268811.jpg

That's an image of the drive and it's properties. I'm totally lost and I need IMEDIATE help.

I've been copying and pasting the above on a few different support forums, but since this is a more technical one, is there a way I can check if the data is still on there? I can't use cmdpromt stuff because it's an unknown format, any ideas if I remove the hard drive and plug it back in, or maybe fix it with the windows disk? I'm runnign Windows XP Pro 64-bit.
Old 24-09-2009

Re: partition magic help

power or the cable to an external modem is removed during the connection process, if the user cancels the dial/connection attempt prematurely, Make sure the user is dialing the correct number. Do they need to dial the area code, or a dial prefix? Are they disabling call waiting but do not have call waiting? Most likely they just disconnected themselves. Tell them not to cancel the dialing? Reboot the machine. if the number dialed, including special codes such as to disable call waiting, are incorrect - check the number to dial and dialing properties.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: