Thread: How to create Shiny Text in Adobe Photoshop

How to create Shiny Text in Adobe Photoshop

Hi,
    I am creating a invitation card for a family occasion in Adobe Photoshop. Some one told me that I can create shiny text in Photoshop. I had tried to figure out the tool which can help me to create the same. But in Photoshop there is no such option called as Shiny text. What are the ways by which I can create a large shiny text in the first page. I also want to add up more new effects to the same. Please suggest some tips for the same. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to create Shiny Text in Adobe Photoshop

I am listing you a small tip which can help you to generate shiny text in Photoshop. First create a New Document and then add a transparent background. The size of page is not required here you can open any of your choice. I will recommend you to use resolution of 72 x 300 if you want to print them. Then add some text of your choice and select the Text tool. Right click on the layer in the layer option and choose Rasterize. Add a shine to the text. Now use the Rectangular Marquee Tool at the tops half side. Go to mage > Adjustments > Brightness/Contrast and adjust the brightness. Save your work.

I use a freeware tool called GauFont PopMagic. This tool is easy to use to create and edit multiple types of fonts and add effects. I will recommend you to us this one to generate shine effect on your fonts. Get the tool and go to layer > layer styles > blending options and adjust the following settings. First Inner Shadow and glow, Bevel and Emboss, Contour Line Inside and contour with Colour Overlay and satin. Now create the duplication of the layer and go to Filter > Blur > Gaussian Blur, apply proper settings and you are done.

Download and try Xara 3D tool. It is a 3D program which helps you to create shiny text and other small animation tools. There are much more features than this. The tool is fast, easy to learn and reliable. You can create a high quality 3D text and graphics like titles,buttons, headings and logos. The tool is professionally built to work with text and generate numerous effects. You can also create 3D animations in small times and add that to your project work. It supports a large number of file formats.