Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 22-09-2009

What is the best defrag software

Hi,

I want to have the files on my hard driver not only defragmented, but to have them set contiguously on the drive. I would like an application that doesn't run in the background all the time, just runs when i execute it, Is there a program that does so? I am using windows xp, Can anyone recommend a good defrag application for Windows XP.

Thank you
Old 22-09-2009

Re: What is the best defrag software

You can use tools like paying Perfect Disk or Diskeeper, which is a reference type. Diskeeper draws particular strength of a technology called Smart Scheduling. Specifically, once initially set, the software defragment your hard disk transparently, without intervention from you and when deemed necessary by the use of your computer. The new version also allows to address critical system files inaccessible Pedn using Windows, by running defrag from the launch system.
Old 22-09-2009

Defraggler is the best defrag software , With a clear, straightforward interface, the utility scans and defragments your disks, folders or files. The peculiarity of this program lies in the fact that the defragment directories and files you want without starting the procedure for the entire disk if it is not necessary.
Old 22-09-2009

If you are not satisfied with the Windows defragmentation software then here is the software you need. IObit SmartDefrag is indeed a completely free software and efficient defragmentation. Just install it and then not having to deal with it. IObit SmartDefrag works alone discreetly in the background. He constantly keep your hard drive in good condition, with no errors and full performance.
Old 22-09-2009

ThumbsUp Re: What is the best defrag software

I use Diskeeper 2009 Pro on XP Pro SP3. It's really excellent - very powrful and very flexible regarding the options to run it. It works best as an automatic defragger, and with Invisitasking (uses only idle system resources), it doesn't ever interfere with other apps. However, you can also restrict it to run at only certain hours, or time slots, for a certain duration, etc etc. When you run it in auto mode, it can also do dynamic file sequencing and speed up access to most frequently used files by automatically optimizing their arrangement on the disk.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , ,