Thread: Where to download Wiki Editor

Where to download Wiki Editor

Hi,
    I am looking for a freeware Wiki Editor. This means I need to tool create article like Wikipedia. I had tried to search on the net and found TinyMCE. But I do no think that this is relevant editor for the purpose. Does any one knows a reliable Wiki Editor. Please provide the link for the same. And also what are the features of the tool and other than editing text what more does it offers to do. Thanks in advance.

Re: Where to download Wiki Editor

There are ample of text editors to the same work. TinyMce is also fine. You an use to edit and create Wiki articles and edit them. There are two wasy to editing it. First the manual and the second by using a web browser. In the manual way just copy paste the entire article from a web page and edit it in a work processor. In the second way you can use Mozilla Firefox and right click on page and select view source. You can edit by that way too.

Download and try Open Wiki. It is a free ware tool that is used to edit Wiki pages. The tool is easy to use and uses plain text which is quiet simple to learn. The editor lets you to edit necessary codes that is needed. The editor is created for HTML sheets and it is a WYSIWYG editor. It is a freeware tool and available on many sites for free download. Just try it.

A very simple tool which I know is Wikiwig. It is a freeware tool with wysiwyg features. The tool uses a simple visual look which help you to edit pages of a site. You does need here to play with complex codes and syntax. The same how you work in a word processor. The tool easily creates formatted pages under rich text-editor. You can also use the html view. It supports a wide range of languages.