Thread: Need twcenmt font for Windows

Need twcenmt font for Windows

Hi,
    I want Tw Cen MT font for my Windows XP pc. What does this font means. I am trying to search it in the Ms. Word's font section but there is not such type of font. And is there a way by which I can generate my own fonts. I want a tool by which I can use some images and paint type tool to create my own fonts and then integrate them with Words. If yes this is possible then please post some download for the same. Second thing where can I get fonts of MAC pc. I have a MAC laptop and I want to add more fonts to it. Thanks in advance.

Re: Need twcenmt font for Windows

Tw Cen MT stand for Twentieth Century. That means the font is type of style which is used by Twentieth Century type. It is a typeface which was used between 1937 - 1947. I am attaching some free Tw Cen MT font in the post which refers to different visual styles. Like condensed, medium, bold, condensed bold, etc. Download them and click on Start > Settings > Control Panel > Switch to Classic View > Fonts. Open it and then click on Add font from the top menu. Give the path for the directory.

If you want to create you own custom fonts then download Scanahand tool from below. It is a freeware tool that helps to create your own fonts without any advance knowledge. The tool works with a ready made template that allows you to draw characters by using a black marker pen. You can also scan your drawing and create font on that basis. In this there is not need of any third party graphic software which needs to design character of the font. The tool works on Windows and easy to use. You can also design icons, logos, slogan lines, etc.
    Download Scanahand

There are several sites which offers you free MAC fonts. The fonts of MAC are .hqx type. So you will have to search files in this format. I had attached some free fonts in the below link. Simply download them and by a removable media or archiving tool unzip the files. Move them to MAC system. Then by using the below method you can install the font in MAC. The first is drag the font or sound onto the closed System Folder icon. A dialog box appears asking you to confirm the action. Click OK.