Thread: How to Uninstall Evolution Mail?

How to Uninstall Evolution Mail?

I installed evolution mail under Vista SP2 Home Premium. It is MSI installer (55MB)! I cannot uninstall it now as it says I do not have administrator priveleges even though I have logged in as Administrator (different name, but admin privileges.)

Can anyone guide me as to how to uninstall this?

(Even System Restore fails.)

Re: How to Uninstall Evolution Mail?

Try this out. First you will have to list on which operating system you are using Evolution Mail. This solution is for Linux. Go on Systems > Administration and select Synaptic Package Manager. Here now click on Search and then type Evolution. In the list for each and every term of Evolution mail right click and select Mark For Removal. Now at the end click on Apply. Hope this will help you.

Is evolution mail available for vista? i didn't knew that, i thought its only for linux distributions like ubuntu, anyways go to program files and folder of evolution mail and search for the uninstall exe, if you can't find there then delete the evolution mail folder from program files and remove its registry entires with the help of some registry cleaner software.

Yes. Evolution is available for windows. It's a 55mb file which expands to 300mb file upon installation!

As far as removal is concerned this is what I did:

First enable the hidden "Administrator" account in Vista. Vista normally hides this "Administrator" account [not the user account which has administrator privileges]. This hidden "Administrator" account is equal in privileges to Linux's Root.

Upon enabling this "Administrator" restart machine and at the login screen you will see a new user called "Administrator". Log in to this account. Go to control panel/programs. Then uninstalled evolution.

Phew!

If you want you can also delete the ".evolution" folder from your "Home Directory" and then can use "Synaptic Package Manager" in order to uninstall "Evolution Mail" form your machine. Then you need to restart your system.