Thread: Need software to do vodcasts

Need software to do vodcasts

Hello friends,

I am looking kind of application to do video casts (vodcast), and was wondering if anyone had a suggestion. I am searching for something that is free, and not online (meaning I want to install it on my machine).I am planing to attempt and do some vodcasts on some of the free and shareware software that are just as good if not better then their commercial counterparts.

thank you..

Re: Need software to do vodcasts

You may visit to Vodcasts page to subscribe or download the application. If you subscribe your podcast software will automatically get the program for you whenever a new one is available. Otherwise you can download and store the application to your computer or portable player to play later.

I use Audacity to do all of my production. It's free and pretty amazing software that you can work with, though it has its negative remarks. If nothing else, it's taught me the importance of saving often.I use LAME to convert the audacity files from wav to mp3. LAME is, as far as I know, the single best mp3 encoder out there, and it's ofcourse the best free one.Audacity can be configured to use LAME for encoding your mp3 as you export, but it is simpler and more soothing to encode manually from the command line.

I just saw a application called WebPod Studio but when I did a test show tonight the audio is WAY offset from the video. No help on their site either that amounts to much... I was actually expecting to find something that would let me to make the whole show.. all in one program. But it seems like one for the video and one for the audio may be the way to go.