Thread: Wmp And Wmc Rrrrggggg

question Wmp And Wmc Rrrrggggg

My wmp has just stopped working. i recently shorted out a motherboard in my other computer and had to switch to another. all parts but the motherboard and processor are from the first computer. everything but my tv tuner cards worked fine immeadeatly. i updated the drivers for the processor and motherboard to the dell 5100 that i have now. im running vista 32 bit. i tried to install some drivers for my happague winpvr 150 tv tuners so i could getr them to work with wmc but i havent yet figured that out. they work with the 3rd party software so i know they r functional. also wmc wont play any vids becaues it says it has lost its local remote connection w wmp

so basically i have 2 problems

wmp will not function
    it says media sharing is disabled and then the error reporting pops up and says i have a prob with the application and makes me close the app

wmc will not allow me to view tv through the tuner cards
    both cards are functional and wmc says that it doesnt detect them? i can view tv on my computer with the 3rd party software but would like to use my 360 as an extender to veiw tv on my projector

I appreciate any help on these problems

Re: Wmp And Wmc Rrrrggggg

you can begin your Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This kind of startup is known as a "clean boot." A clean boot helps eliminate software conflicts. To check if any services or applications are conflicting with WMP(Windows Media Player).