Thread: How to fix tcpmon.ini file in Windows

How to fix tcpmon.ini file in Windows

Hi,
    I had run a system cleaner utility to delete unwanted file. Now when I send a document for printing the print does not comes. It popups a error and queue the document in the printer spooler service. I had re-installed the drivers but still no solution for the problem. I searched on the internet about the related solution and found that it due to corruption of tcpmon.ini file of Windows. Is it possible to manually download the file and replace the old corrupted file. Please post some suggestion to resolve this issue. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to fix tcpmon.ini file in Windows

The only solution according to me to fix the solution is running Windows scanning service. First insert your OEM Windows disc. Then click on Start > Run. In the box type sfc /scannow. Press enter. A Windows scanning service will popup. This will scan your entire hard drive for damaged and corrupted files. Windows disc is necessary to replace the old file. Run it and restart your system.

Try to restore you system to a older point. The file can also create some serious installation errors. Click on Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore. In the window click on first option. Restore my computer to older time. Click on Next and then from the calender select any old date. Again click next. Your system will restart and entire configuration settings will be restored to that date.

Tcpmon.ini is a critical system configuration file. If it is damaged or corrupted then the only way to restore the file is run a repair setup of Windows. But this will remove you newly installed software. So better arrange for disc and back up your software. Insert your Windows Disc and restart your system. On boot up press tab and then select the CD/DVD drive for booting. Then select your R for repairing the Windows. Select the last option leave the current setting intact in the formatting option.

gogoejoe Guest

Have you tried the system file checker? To do this simply go to the Run box on the Start Menu and type in:sfc /scannow, you might be asked to insert your windows CD.... Thanks for sharing the post...