Thread: Invalid Index Array 381

Invalid Index Array 381

My boss is using the program Wages manager and can't access the folder to complete this weeks wages.
    This is the error

Run-time error '381':
    Invalid property array index.

This error came up last week but i accidently fixed it by opening the sample folder then re-opening the work folder, but no such luck this time.

I just want to know what can be done about this, i googled this error and it came up with mostly programmers receiving this error but this is just opening a file. As far as i can tell it is an error to do with registry? not sure any help would be great.

Re: Invalid Index Array 381

Looking at the error it feels like your program was developed with Visual Basic or similar microsoft software. You can contact the program developer to know more, I have no idea which software it is and so i have no idea how to help you...

It's necessary for you to scan your system's registry so that you can properly repair a runtime error 381 and related frustrating computer errors. Change the index value of the property array to a valid setting. For example, the index value of the List property for a ListBox must be from 0 to 32,766.

What i don't understand is that it will open up other files just the one with this years information on it doesn't want to open coming up with this error.

I used a program called PC Tool Registry Mechanic to do a registry scan and repair it did say it repaired all issues it found but the error has still come up upon opening this file.

How do i "Change the index value of the property array to a valid setting. For example, the index value of the List property for a ListBox must be from 0 to 32,766."
    If it is something to do with this type of error would it be some of the values saved in this file are not compatable? so next time the file is saved will it not just come up with the same error, just a thought...

The index is usually a number used to address an element in the array. For more information you can check out the following link. It's necessary for you to scan your system's registry so that you can properly repair a runtime error 381 and related frustrating computer errors. Indexing rules are language dependent, however most languages use either 0 or 1 as the first element of an array.

Since your ID value is within the valid range for the ItemData property, have you double checked what the value of lstStructure(12).NewIndex is when you get the error?You tried to set a property array index to a value outside its permissible range. Change the index value of the property array to a valid setting. For example, the index value of the List property for a ListBox must be from 0 to 32,766.