Thread: Itunes Error code : 9006

Itunes Error code : 9006

Hi,

I have just purchased new MAC. Everytime I start the download it tells me that the download has been interrupted. it also says error code 9006. It says to fix it by going to check purchases in Itunes. I’ve done this many times and it is still not working. I have the latest version of iTunes, tried exiting and opening the program and rebooting the computer, nothing helps.

Re: Itunes Error code : 9006

Generally Itunes Error code : 9006, refers to the network switched off, check your firewall settings. Try to connect and disconnect from that computer, and even withdrawing approval and authorizing it, many weird process could be going on.

The first thing I like to advise is, try disabling any web / download accelerator you may have on your system (some Internet service providers have their own connection software include an accelerator as part of the package, so you may have to ask your ISP). These accelerators are a common cause of problems in connecting to iTunes Store.

Try the following steps to remove itunes Error code : 9006

1) Open iTunes.

2) From the Store menu at the top, choose Check for available downloads. If you can not upgrade and are using iTunes 7, the option will say Check for Purchases.

3) Enter your account name and password, then click Check. Your purchases should begin downloading.

4) under the store section of the left, click Download.

5) Click the Pause All button in the lower right corner. This temporarily suspends your downloads.

6) To resume only one of the downloads, click the update button that appears to the right of one of paused downloads.

I was getting the same error. I had IE6 installed, updated it to IE8, and it worked! So that was definitely the problem. Behind the scenes, iTunes uses the IE settings to download files, and IE6 doesn't allow downloading files larger than 2GB. Updating to IE8 fixes the problem - I opened iTunes and the movie immediately started downloading.

I have tried doing most of these things. Even disabling firewall. It seems that it took me 24 hours with 9006 errors to download Push(2009) from iTunes yesterday and today (06-10-11-10). This is unacceptable and the problem ONLY STARTED on 06-10-10. Something happened on Thursday. iTunes has no knowledge of what can be done. Please can someone help?

If you are saying that the problem arised just days before then try to restore your system to a previously state when it was working fine. Which operating system are you using by the way? Below are the method to restore Windows XP to a previous state:

Log on to Windows as Administrator.
    Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, point to System Tools, and then click System Restore. System Restore starts.
    On the Welcome to System Restore page, click Restore my computer to an earlier time (if it is not already selected), and then click Next.
    On the Select a Restore Point page, click the most recent system restore point in the On this list, click a restore point list, and then click Next.

Note: A System Restore message may appear that lists configuration changes that System Restore will make. Click OK.

On the Confirm Restore Point Selection page, click Next. System Restore restores the previous Windows XP configuration, and then restarts the computer.
    Log on to the computer as Administrator. The System Restore Restoration Complete page is displayed.
    Click OK.

More information here - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306084