Thread: How to Disable Windows Live Call?

How to Disable Windows Live Call?

Hello friends,

I have installed windows live messenger 9 on my machine and part of that is windows live call which searches via every web page I look at and create blue link which i can click out of any set of numbers that looks like a phone number. This is driving me crazy with the way things get printed and is so disturbing.How do I turn this off? I have done a Google search and I haven't found any information on the concerned

Thanks in advance for your help...

Re: How to Disable Windows Live Call?

If you are on a windows there are several tricks to remove a program.one, you can do is take the start menu, go to Program access and Defaults and then on remove programs and then look for the program you need to delete and go for it.if it is not possible, you can always go to My Computer, Local Disk, Program Files and remove the file or enter the file and there should be an uninstall option

I know this problem In order to fix this problem use the Group Policy editor (gpedit.msc) to make a Software Restriction Policy that Disallows the "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\livecall.exe" program in the Local Computer Policy

I removed the windows live call in the new menu, somehow i attempt and search in the registry and i found one key in the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT named live call, i just delete the key and the entry in the new menu gone else Open regedit or another registry editor and locate to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products and find the key for windows live messenger. Right click on the key and select to export to save a copy of the key and then , delete the key and change the name livecall.exe. Now, when you open WLM, MS installer won't attempt to repair your installation.