Thread: Hp cd-writer cd16e drivers

Hp cd-writer cd16e drivers

I have a HP Pavilion laptop. It came with a a floppy drive, hard disk, DVD-ROM and an HP CD-Writer cd16e that seems to work fine. Now the problem is that when I insert a blank CD and try to record it, it tells me to insert a blank CD. Also when I try to read a data CD, I can click on the letter in Explorer, but I can't see any files or folders. I don't know if it's a hardware problem or i'm missing my hp cd-writer cd16e drivers on my pc? According to me its seems to be that i'm missing my hp cd-writer cd16e drivers. So,does anyone knows where can i get hp cd-writer cd16e drivers? Kindly help me to resolve the above issue.

Re: Hp cd-writer cd16e drivers

I think it might be freezing up your Windows on handling a large file, let say for instance, an Mp3-CD-Audio burn which would cause a buffer under-run, ruining the disk on the drive. The only solution according to me seems to be is to clean your hard drive and then reinstall Your Windows Xp on it.

Almost all reports of burning problems are caused by system configurations or other software on your computer that can interfere with normal drive operation. Go to control panel and add new hardware. If the computer does not see it, check the cables and then consider purchasing a new cdr/rw.

I think you should download the HP USB driver for your Windows XP, then need to run the Hardware Wizard for a new installation of a particular driver. For that you need to go to Hp official website. Then need to enter your product Model number. For example: CD-Writer cd16e. Then you need to select Windows XP. After that you need to click on CD-Writer USB Drivers. Then you need to just read the following instructions on the page, in order to download and install the driver oo your hard drive.