Thread: Problems with DVD Shrink

Problems with DVD Shrink

Hi,

I have problems getting a DVDShrink to work on a standalone. Downloading and compressing features works well but after compressing the video file it wont play on my pc. I am also Unable copy DVDs with DVD Shrink, I also dont know what is ReAuthor Feature and how to use it. Any help on this topic will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Problems with DVD Shrink

If you are facing problems in Downloading DVD's using DVD Shrink then use DVD43, its a free DVD decrypter that runs in the background and decrypts DVDs on the fly. DVD43 will decrypt (unlock) a movie DVD so that your copy program can read it. If the DVD structure is non standard or the DVD contains bad sectors, your copy program needs to take care of that.

For your information, The DVD Shrink output will be around 4.36GB in size and if you plan to rip the DVD contents to your hard drive to speed up the process, it could be as much as 8.5GB extra space. You can easily convert DVD-9 a dual-layer DVD in to DVD-5 4.3GB or less, DVD-R / DVD+R are examples of DVD-5 in terms of capacity limits.

what is ReAuthor Feature and how to use it.
    In "Reauthor" mode, the interface allows the user to choose specifically which DVD elements (Main Title, audio tracks and subtitles, and Special Features) to retain on the "shrunken" DVD; Menus are not selectable. The compression is Automatic if the Main Title only is selected, to fit it onto the selected size of DVD. If Special Features are also selected, their compression may be manually selected at the minimum possible using the Custom Ratio option, to give disk space to the Main Title.