Thread: How to edit psd files without using Photoshop

How to edit psd files without using Photoshop

Hi,
    I had recently downloaded some templates from the internet. Just ignoring the bunch of files extension I had copied them on the USB and carried to my office. Now here there is no application which can open it. At my home the same where opening in Photoshop. I did not have the setup cd of Adobe Photoshop. I need some suggestion regarding editing the .psd type files without using Photoshop and that too quickly. In Windows XP there is not such program which can edit it. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to edit psd files withoug using Photoshop

The file type .psd is a proprietary file format owned by Adobe Photoshop. So Adobe Photoshop is the default program to open it and edit it. There are ample of program available on the internet to open and edit the same. Iwill recommend you to use Paint.net. It is a freeware image and photo editing tool which run on Windows platfrom. The tool supports layers, undo option, special effects and other editing tools.

Download and try GIMP. It is a free software which is used for editing images and templates. It has a image converter and a Photo Re touching program that is very useful. It is very lite tool with many easy to use features. You will not need to download and install Photoshop for the same. The tool supports .psd format. So in this you can open, edit and save the file after your work. There is no additional plug in or script needed for the same.

The most easy way to edit the file is by using IrfanView. IrfanView is a popular and freeware image editing tool. You can work with.psd file as you can work in Adobe Photoshop. It offers you all tools and features to create and modify the templates. It is faster and offers both viewing and editing services. Other than .psd there are much more formats that this tool supports.
    PSD File Format