Thread: Can i change the signed-in iTunes Store account

Can i change the signed-in iTunes Store account

Hi, i am using iTunes 8 on Windows Vista operating system to sync my iPhone and Ipod. Now as you all guys might be aware that the account last used to access the iTunes Store from the computer is synced to the mobile device for use in the iTunes Store from the device as well. But what i need is to change the signed-in iTunes Store account for some reason. Is that possible to do ? Please help..

Re: Can i change the signed-in iTunes Store account

I don't think you can do that. When you sync your iPhone or iPod touch, the iTunes application on the computer will share its current iTunes Store account ID with the device you are syncing. This account ID is the same ID used to make purchases from the iTunes Store and App Store on the mobile device.It is not possible to change the account in use on the device itself or to sync multiple accounts to your mobile device.

To change the account you are using on your mobile device, go to your computer and sign in to the iTunes Store with the account you want to use on your mobile device, then sync your iPhone or iPod touch with your computer again. This will transfer the new account information to the mobile device. To sign in or out of an account in iTunes choose Store > Sign In

If multiple users are utilizing the same PC or MAC for iPhone, or iPod Touch, it is very easy to store another users iTunes account on your iPhone. If you have multiple accounts, you will need to log in to the iTunes Store and authorize each account separately.You can view and change your iTunes Store account information using iTunes on your computer by choosing Store > View My Account.

When you sync your iPhone or iPod touch with your computer, the account last used to access the iTunes Store from the computer is synced to the mobile device for use in the iTunes Store from the device as well. It is not possible to change the iTunes Store country in use on the device itself. To change this on your mobile device, go to iTunes on your computer, change the iTunes Store to the country you want to use on your mobile device, then sync your iPhone or iPod touch with your computer again.

To quickly change to the correct country for your account, choose Store > Sign In. If you are not using the correct iTunes Store country for your account you may see an error message advising that your account is only valid for purchases in the iTunes Store for your country when you try to download from the iTunes Store or App Store on your mobile device.