Thread: How do i install QuickTime 7 on Snow Leopard 10.6

How do i install QuickTime 7 on Snow Leopard 10.6

Hi,, I have a computer at my office that is Mac OS X v10.6 Snow leopard. Yesterday i heard about the QuickTime player 7 that is compatible with the version 10.6. Now thats really a great news. I would like to install this. Do you guys please suggest me how do i install QuickTime player 7 on Snow Leopard 10.6 ? Thanks for the help.

Re: How do i install QuickTime 7 on Snow Leopard 10.6

QuickTime Player 7 is also available for use with older media or with existing AppleScript-based workflows. QuickTime Player 7 can be used to playback formats such as QTVR, interactive QuickTime Movies, and MIDI files. Also, it supports QuickTime 7 Pro registration codes for access to QuickTime Pro functionality. It is the default application for media playback on your Mac not handled by iTunes, it will attempt to open files with file extensions associated with audio or video formats.If you have a QuickTime 7 Pro registration code on your computer, QuickTime Player 7 is automatically installed in your Utilities folder during the Mac OS X v10.6 installation process. QuickTime Player 7 recognizes your valid registration code and enables QuickTime Pro functionality.

To install the QuickTime Player 7 from the Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard install DVD:

• Insert your Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard Install DVD.

• Open the Optional Installs folder and double-click "Optional Installs.mpkg".

• Select the QuickTime 7 option and click Continue.

• QuickTime Player 7 will be installed in your Utilities folder.

If you double-click any media that requires QuickTime Player 7 for playback and it is not already installed, you will be asked if you want to download it from Apple.

Hey, thanks for sharing this useful tips mate. QuickTime player 7 is really a nice media player for snow leopard, i can say.

It supports a huge formats of media file that it can play. In addition we can also add additional media formats to QuickTime using codec components.