Thread: How can i import songs form Cd into iTunes

How can i import songs form Cd into iTunes

Hi,, I am having a Windows Xp computer and just installed iTunes on the same for my Ipod Nano. Everything is fine but i need help form you all guys in importing songs into iTunes form a audio CD. I don't know how to do that. Could you guys please help me out for the same ?

Re: How can i import songs form Cd into iTunes

With iTunes you can play your favorite CDs, listen to Internet radio stations and purchase music online.The songs appear in the List pane as generic, unnamed tracks at first.To quickly add a song from a CD to an existing playlist, insert the CD, then drag the song from the list of CD tracks to the playlist. The song is imported into your library and added to the playlist.

To add a song from a CD to a new playlist, drag the song from the CD to the white area below the items in the Source List. The song is imported into your library and added to a new playlist.

Hey, thanks for sharing this topic guys. I was also in search of this. Actually when i am trying to drag any track form CD to my iTunes, it gives me error saying,"There was an error downloading your purchased music. iTunes could not save to your Music Folder because you do not have write access." I don't know why is it happeing. Could you guys please help me out here ? Its Windows Vista

Most probably this error occurs when you convert a song in iTunes to another file format using "Convert Selection to chosen format" from the Advanced menu in iTunes.To be able to add new music to iTunes, permissions must be correct on your Music folder and the folders in it.Folder permissions include Full Control, Modify, Read & Execute, List Folder Contents, Read, and Write. Each of these permissions consists of a logical group of special permissions that are listed and defined in the following sections.