Thread: Unable to open earlier PPT files after removing Office 2013

Unable to open earlier PPT files after removing Office 2013

I had installed Microsoft Office 2013 in my computer and I am having problem opening the old .ppt files that I had created in the older version of the MS PowerPoint. Whenever I try to open these old files, I get a message saying that these files are broken and cannot be opened. MS Word and MS Excel are opening the files created in the older version without any problem, it is just the MS PowerPoint that is giving troubles. Can someone tell me how to solve this problem?

Re: Unable to open earlier PPT files after removing Office 2013

Actually the MS PowerPoint 2013 is not accepting the PowerPoint files with extension .pptx. It detects these files as malicious or broken and thus fails to open them. Reason for this problem is still not found, but I think that it will also be creating problem for getting the PowerPoint files from Exchange server or Outlook too. When I click on the repair file option, it fails to recognize this file. This occurs when the file is stored in local hard drive, external hard drive, external server and so on. I think Microsoft should bring out a patch for this problem soon.

Re: Unable to open earlier PPT files after removing Office 2013

This is a common problem faced by many people using MS PowerPoint 2013 and I have found a workaround this problem which actually helps to get the things right.

• Go in the Microsoft PowerPoint 2010 and open the .ppt file that is creating the trouble for you.
    • Now in the tab on the top, click on the ‘File’ and get into the ‘Options’ of Microsoft PowerPoint 2010.
    • There in the section for trust centre, disable the option that reads ‘Enable Protected View for Outlook attachments’. It will be enabled by default in every computer.
    • Click on ‘Ok’ and then again save the .ppt file in another folder. This file will easily open in the MS PowerPoint 2013 without any error.