Thread: How to restore Nvidia's missing control panel

How to restore Nvidia's missing control panel

Hi,
    I am facing a server issue in my computer. My Nvidia control panel disappeared suddenly. I had tried to search it in control panel and system tray but there is not icon. How can I restore it back. Is this due to virus issue. I had already scanned my computer and deleted the virus. I did not have the driver cd of the same. So from where I can download the drivers and restore all settings back again.

Re: How to restore Nvidia's missing control panel

The best way will first to uninstall all the software's and related driver on the Graphic Card. Then login to Nvidia site and click on Drivers & Support. Choose the type of card with number and series. Select your operating system and you will get the list of software and driver needed for your card. Download them and run it back. This will restore entire thing back again.

If the control panel icon is corrupted or deleted then you can restore it back again by browsing in system directory of windows. The file is located in the directory. But if you did not found it there then probably everything will be needed to re-installed. Just open My Computer and click on C drive. Then go to Windows > System 32. Search for Nvcplui.exe and right click on it. Then choose properties and select Compatibility. Now enable here Run as Administrator checkbox at the end. Restart your system and check it back again.

It is possible that the control panel file is corrupted. So your need to re-install int back again. One thing you can is download the file from the attached post. Run it and restart your system. If you discovered the problem is solved then let it be. Otherwise run a system restore process. Click on Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore. Restore to a old date and scan back your computer under safe mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Birdie View Post
    If the control panel icon is corrupted or deleted then you can restore it back again by browsing in system directory of windows. The file is located in the directory. But if you did not found it there then probably everything will be needed to re-installed. Just open My Computer and click on C drive. Then go to Windows > System 32. Search for Nvcplui.exe and right click on it. Then choose properties and select Compatibility. Now enable here Run as Administrator checkbox at the end. Restart your system and check it back again.
    Just speculating... but seeing as I cannot find the executable you speak of Birdie, I would say that this is a deliberate "tweak" on the part of M$ something to do with the rollout of VISTA/WINDOWS 7 no doubt. I have installed the latest version of nVidia driver for my card (nVidia Geforce ti4200) in an older Dell Dimension that I have installed Windows 7 RC on and there is no control panel applet for nVidia or systray icon. Each time I go through these upgrades with Windows I swear that I am going to switch to Linux, but what the hell... I'm sure the missing software drivers and etc. would be even worse if I move over to an alternate OS.