Thread: Outlook 2007 Pst File Too Large

Outlook 2007 Pst File Too Large

Hello , when i Log into my outlook ,i get this Error message that "Unable to display folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location. Errors were detected in file C:\WINDOWS\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst. Close all mail-enabled applications, then use the Repair Tool inbox." please Tell me how to solve this problem , thanks in advance

Re: Outlook 2007 Pst File Too Large

By default in the basic version of Outlook, the PST file is limited to 2GB. Also no message warns the user that the quota will be reached ... The scanpst repair utility does not work on files larger than 2GB. Microsoft provides a tool for Truncating pst files in order to open it and retrieve its contents. The files contained in the truncated part will be lost ...

If you are keeping Outlook data on your computer, you are using a Personal Folders file (.pst) or an Offline Folder file (.ost). To prevent data loss, you need to know how to repair these files.

If your .pst file becomes damaged, Outlook includes a tool that may be able to correct the problem without your switching to a backup copy. This tool, the Inbox Repair Tool, is installed on your hard disk when you install Outlook.

Check this Link for Solution to Your Problem - http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ou...563001033.aspx

Advanced Outlook Repair is a powerful tool using a simple interface to retrieve any data from your personal folders (. PST) famous for Outlook software: messages, files, contact list, notes, etc.. A powerful tool to repair and recover oversized 2GB PST files. Main features: support Microsoft Outlook 97 to 2007; support to recover emails, folders, contacts, tasks, appointments, journals, notes and all other items from corrupt or oversized Outlook PST files; support to recover deleted Outlook items.

jennylembert Guest

Post Re: Outlook 2007 Pst File Too Large

The Outlook does not support the .PST file larger then 2 GB. In such a situation either you should use an efficient PST repair tool. An alternate solution of your problem is also there if you have .OST file, you can directly convert the OST file into PST file. The converted PST file will contain all your mails and other data.

alexhusty Guest

Happy Re: Outlook 2007 Pst File Too Large

As far as to my knowledge is concerned, I dont think that the Inbox Repair Tool will be able to fix this problem. I believe that the error you are getting is all due to the oversized PST file. In this situation, you can take the help of the inbuilt 2gbpst.exe that would trim the oversized PST file into the smaller ones. But before running this tool, make sure that you have created a backup of the specific personal storage table

All the Best..!!!!!
    Last edited by Bindusar.I; 07-02-2011 at 06:53 PM. Reason: No external links are allowed

bschorr Guest

I'm curious to know how everybody is assuming that your PST file is over 2GB or that if it was that would cause this problem.

Was this PST file created new with Outlook 2007 or was it imported from a previous version of Outlook? Outlook 2007 does NOT have a 2GB size limit on it's native PST files. Only older, non-UNICODE versions, of Outlook did.