Thread: Encountered a problem and needs to close

Encountered a problem and needs to close

I am using Windows 7 and has installed AVG Antivirus on the computer for security purpose...! Whenever i try to connect through internet it give an error message saying "Avgnsx.exe encountered a problem and needs to close" Does anyone know how to solve this problem??? & What is Avgnsx.exe??? Which program is associated with it????

Re: Encountered a problem and needs to close

What is Avgnsx.exe ????
    The avgnsx.exe is the network avg scanner for the avg internet security.Avgnsx.exe is a avgnetscan\r belonging to AVG Internet Security\r from AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o.\r.... It is located in a subfolder of "%programfiles%\avg\avg8". Known file sizes on Windows XP are 437,016 bytes (33% of all occurrence), 424,216 bytes, 431,896 bytes, 408,344 bytes, 432,408 bytes, 420,632 bytes, 422,680 bytes. Note that some of this change or can not be present. If it can present and should not be deleted because they are in use, try deleting them in Safe Mode by doing the following: Start your computer again after hearing your computer beeper during startup, but before the Windows icon appears , press F8. Instead of loading windows as normal, a menu should appear.

This error message is occurred due to the AVG Antivirus Latest feature called Link Scanner.... I think you might be opening a virus infected site & this is blocking it to open.... Just Disable the Link Scanner in the AVG Antivirus it will solve your problem...!

If both the above solution doesn't work for you then i think you must have a look at the following linked threads as those all threads are talking about the problem you facing "Getting White Screen"... Just go through the link for finding the solution...!

Problem with avgnsx.exe
    What is avgnsx.exe