Thread: Outlook using right reply address

Outlook using right reply address

Hi,

I am using Microsoft Outlook 2007 on my Windows Vista computer with three Email accounts in Outlook, a Hotmail, ISP for buying and a business one for my clients. My buying account is my primary account. All accounts can forward and accept perfectly .The issue is when ever I reply to an Email sent to my business account it automatically replies with my default buying account Until I alternate it from the drop down menu.I need to reply with the same address that the Email was sent to, not always my default Email address.Before anyone suggests it I don't want to change my business account to default account.expecting a nice reply

Thanks a million

Re: Outlook using right reply address

You have to keep in mind that Send Using Account is irrelevant for two reason .One because you're still forwarding with the same account, right your Exchange account,second is because the value for that property can be set only in the event handler for Application.ItemSend or MailItem.Send.

One possible method to manage this is a tad convoluted, but it would work. When you have a mail message with all those people in to it and you want to decide the mail addresses, right-click the recipient field and Select All, then right-click the selection and choose Copy. Now you should open your Contacts folder amd click New>Distribution List. Click Select Members, right-click in the Members field at the bottom, and select paste. Click OK. This should give you a list of the names and addresses of the people, on name/address pair per row. Click File>Save As,alter the "Save as type" field to "Text Only (.txt)", enter a file name, and Save. Close the DL window and click No when asked if you want to save the alternations.

hey,Just do this in order to fix the issue In Entourage preferences do you have checked "Reply using the default account"? Unmark that, and all replies will be forward using the address from which Entourage received them.It looks to me that the header would still show my original email address, which would add chaos to recipients, who sent their email to various address.