Thread: Recover Previous Version Of An Excel File

Recover Previous Version Of An Excel File

Hi,

I have a Dell Dimension 2400 running with Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition.I had several files open on my system.it got restarted suddenly When I turned everything back on and started the Excel program, it showed the "Recovered files" list on the left hand side.However, I understand that is not the case. In fact, now that I think back, that file wasn't even open when this most recent event took place. I've probed on help pages that led me to recovering my system. I almost did that, but it said it would have no effect on document changes.any one out here to help me for the concerned..

thanks..

Re: Recover Previous Version Of An Excel File

I guess In Word, the document should be in the list of most recent used files, what occurs if you open it from there?.Originally it maintains that last 3, that can be extended to 9. If you did not use this way you may be past the stored point by now though...if you have no backup, , then your only option is to get an archive backup from your MIS dept.

Re: Recover Previous Version Of An Excel File

May be you could use search typing in a phrase specific to the version you need might brings out it.Select "all files and folders" and "look in Local Hard Drives". Same time confirm you check the following options in the search panel.You have to remember this may not find the file even if it is still on the machine, you might required to search for a various file type or archived file type.But I am not aware of which extensions Excel uses for its cache and temp files, else you could search for those file types.