Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to find User Access History

Windows Software

Old 04-09-2009

How to find User Access History

In my absence many people use my computer and many a time some of my important documents are being modified so is there a way to check and see who has recently accessed a document? I have reason to believe that someone has opened and viewed documents on my computer and would like to verify the access. Is there any way to check User Access History and i using Windows XP as my operating system.

Old 04-09-2009

Re: How to find User Access History

The following Recent folder will show you "recent" files that have been opened. It won't open the user name who opens them but it will show you the modified time of the files that have been modified.

C:\Documents and Settings\Your User Name\Recent
Old 04-09-2009

You can check all your recent document history in your c:\Documents and Settings\User Profile\My Recent Documents\ , this is only way to look history of a file in XP. Otherwise make one Briefcase and put the file copy in that, if someone will modify the file which is located at original location out side the briefcase , in briefcase file status will shown as remaining to update etc.

Quote:
The Briefcase feature in Windows XP helps you keep your files updated by automatically synchronizing multiple copies of individual files. In other words, Briefcase keeps track of the relationship between files on two or more computers.
More info: How To Use the Briefcase Feature in Windows XP
Old 04-09-2009

If you'll see in the folder where your file is located you must be able to see the columns labeled Date Created, Date Modified, and Date Accessed. Look in the date accessed column. If you have your computer set to view 'icons' you will have to change that to the 'Details' view. If you don't have those columns drop down the 'View' tab, then chose 'Details', and then add those columns.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , , ,