Thread: Need help burning avi to cd-r

Need help burning avi to cd-r

Hi,

Here is my question ,Is it possible to burn avi movies in cd-r , i have 987MB file stored in my pc, I am trying this in Nero but it gives me an error, it says that the file type is unsupported. Is there any free software which i can use to Burn AVI in CD-R.

Re: Need help burning avi to cd-r

In most instances, using a standard video file type will not cause this error. The error message is normally generated because a CODEC (short for Compressor/Decompressor) has not been loaded into the computer for that particular video file. For example, attempting to use a DIVX file without the DIVX CODEC loaded will cause this error. Obtain the appropriate CODEC for the video file being used.

Dont use nero to encode this file you can try TMPGEnc, TMPGEnc converts AVI files to standard VideoCD, SVCD and DVD. Using various options in TMPGEnc, you can compress your video file of high quality. TMPGEnc enables you to adjust the bitrate, the GOP structure, interlacing and many other settings so you can create the film's most appropriate for your application.

To burn avi to cd-r use Final Burner Free is a free burning tool and complete the Windows platform. FinalBurner is easy to use and has most basic functions required for burning CDs, DVDs and even Blu-Ray. You can open as many projects as you want and organize them in your toolbar. The program requires no configuration, you just drag your files and burn them to disk