Thread: .MP3 icons showing up as blank for Windows media player

.MP3 icons showing up as blank for Windows media player

Hi,

I am facing some issue with my computer, early everything was working fine but from few days i am noticing that whenever i try to change the file association having .mp3 or.wav over here icon changes to the correct one , but when I change it to Windows Media Player, it goes away. I am facing this issue from few days. Does anyone facing such kind of issue and i am having Windows XP as my operating system.

Re: .MP3 icons showing up as blank for Windows media player

If you are facing such kind of issue where whenever you select Windows media player you get an blank icon for it, in that case i would suggest you to search for iconcache.db and delete that file from your computer and at the same time i would also suggest you to download the latest version of antivirus and have check that you computer is not being effected by any virus,it might happen that because of virus issue you are facing this issue.

Re: .MP3 icons showing up as blank for Windows media player

i have try to delete iconcache.db from my computer and at the same time i have also install latest version of anti virus but that also didn't helped me a lot whenever i try to change it to Windows Media Player, all the icons goes blank. Does anyone has any other alternative solution for this and thanks for replying me.

.MP3 icons showing up as blank for Windows media player

I was also facing such kind of issue in that case i would suggest you to K-lite codecs for your Windows Media player and after that i am sure you will not face any issue if your still face any issue then i would suggest you to restore your windows to previous date where you was not facing such kind of issue. For downloading codec click here