Thread: Outlook 2007 problem in Windows 7

Outlook 2007 problem in Windows 7

Hi,
    I had upgraded Windows 7 from and Windows Vista. I had Microsoft Office 2007 in my computer. After a upgrade Outlook 2007 is giving me problem. First it is taking time for downloading mails. How can I increase the speed here. Second thing it is working extremely slow. Is there are way by which I can increase the speed of Outlook 2007. And Microsoft has released Exchange 12. What is it actually does it si neccessary to install it with Outlook. Any suggestion would really appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Outlook 2007 problem in Windows 7

The connection problem liest in the authentication of certificate with the hosted exchange server. So this solution can work for your. After a updrade you will need to authenticate the certificate also. Enter you Microsoft Exchange Server. Enter your user name and click on more options. Then select the connection option. Select the option denoting connect to Microsoft Exchange using http. Configure the url and proxy server for Exchange as per your local area settings. Again select the option only connect to proxy servers that have this principle name in their certificate. Now form the the drop down list select Basic Authentication. Restart your system and check back again.

The slowing problem reduces the emails performance. The problem can be soreted out. Sometimes in Outlook express even a small mails a long time to download. At this time windows get hanged or non responsive till the send/recevie is not completed. Here you can run Office Diagnostics to check the problem and Windows fixes it for your. Click on Help and the select Office Diagnostics. And for Exchange 12 is a addon feature for Outlook 2007. Both together improves the process of sharing information, and connect you with others while delivering greater message security. The combination is really great for every user to improve the performance of Outlook.

In the same case my Outlook 2007 was working extremely slow. At that time I was using a trail version. Now after upgrading to license copy the problme arises. The most common problem people faces that Outlook freezes at the time of downloading mail. To speed up first disable RSS Feeds in Microsoft Outlook 2007. That can be done from Tools - Account Settings - RSS Feeds. Then disable all Outlook Add-Ins you are not using. Same cane be done from Tools > Trust Center and click the Add-ins tab. Reduce the size of our Outlook.pst personal folder. Select Data File Management on the File Menu and select compact now.

Using Windows 7 Professional with Outlook 2007 as POP server for Gmail. Everything works great except Outlook WILL NOT allow me to open links within any e-mail I receive. I can open the links if I go directly to the Gmail server and I can open any links on e-mails I receive through Windows Mail(Hotmail). I receive the following message when I try to open any links on Outlook 2007.

"This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions on this computer. Please contact your system administrator".

I AM the system administrator. Anyone out there know what I have to do to get around this problem?

hi;

recently purchased a new laptop with windows 7 and installed office 2007, everything was working fine till i turned it on again after 2 weeks and outlook won't allow me to create an email or add contacts to my address book, it will send/receive email but the icon for new email is shadowed and going through the file menu it is shaded out and unable to be used. i have reset all settings that i can think of, re-setup the mail server (automatically and manually).

any ideas would be great

When you installed it on the new computer did you validate it through the MS website? My guess is that you had it installed on another computer or two and now it has just shut down because either you didn't validate it or your copy's usage rights have been used up. If you have validated it through Microsoft, then I guess I don't know what the problem is. You might try taking the software completely out of the computer and re-installing it and validating it again. Hope this helps.

Help please! When sending a mail from within a program (using Outlook 2007 & XP) i used to get a small block that popped up asking : "A program is trying to acces email addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this?" I then clicked yes and a progress bar would run while it sent the mail. Since changing to windows 7, the process is the same untill I click yes - no progress bar, after a few seconds a new mail window opens up and I have to enter the address etc. Is there any way to get it to work the same as in Windows xp so that the new window does not open up asking me to enter all the details?

Which program are you using to send mail using outlook's preference? Pleasemention the software name. Well there are many things that have changed from Windows XP to Windows 7, so you might see some settings in there would let you do what you are looking for...

I am using a CRM package called IQ Enterprise.
    I have outlook 2007 on both an xp machine and a windows 7 machine.
    I try to send a mail using an external application, and the outlook security message pops up as in Pic 1 http://i48.tinypic.com/23set7s.jpg
    I click allow and in Pic 2, http://i50.tinypic.com/snkjlt.jpg , XP allows the message to be sent, but in Windows 7, the progress bar never appears and a new message window is opened instead. How can I get Windows 7 to send the message automatically, just like in Windows XP.

I have run everything as Administrator and even disabled UAC, but no luck yet in getting Outlook 2007 to respond the same way in Win 7 as in Win XP.

This could be the problem you are facing because of the outlook might be not set as the default. So check whether it is set to to the default or not. To check do the following:

• Click on the start
    • Go to the Control Panel
    • Double click on the Programs
    • Now click on the Default program

And check whether it is set to the default or not. If not then set it to the same. Also look for the defaults for this program to check whether it includes Send mail under MAPI.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

You can do following things to make Outlook 2007 fast

1.Disable or turn off all RSS feeds from Outlook 2007.You can do this in following ways.
    Click on tools -> select Account Settings option -> now select RSS Feeds and delete all feeds.

2.Disable all Add-Ins from Outlook 2007 that you don't use regularly.

3.Disable or turn off all your email rules and filters from outlook 2007.

I had the same problem. Outlook 2007 would not work properly !! Had a few "consultants" having a look at it but... nothing !!

Turns out you need to disable a parameter in Windows 7 !!

Check out the Knowledge base of microsoft : KB 935400.

Works great now !

kristain Guest

To fix Outlook 2007 problem in Windows 7 issue the system must be clean boot and to follow that, click on ‘Start’ and in the start search box type in “msconfig”. Click on the ‘Continue’ option in the permission prompt. Under ‘General’ tab, click on ‘Selective start up’ and select the option ‘Load start up items’. On the services tab click on ‘Hide all Microsoft services’ and the ‘Disable all services’. Click on ‘Ok’ and restart the computer. Check whether Outlook 2007 runs or not, if it does enable half of the program from the list and check whether the system is able to run the Outlook 2007 or not. Similarly, half of the programs must be disabled one after another to ensure that we have the program in hand which plays up when Outlook 2007 is started.
    Last edited by Maqbool; 25-07-2011 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Removed external links