Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Windows Live Messenger Installation Error 1635

Windows Software

Old 02-09-2009
Members

Hi friends,

I am using Windows Vista as my operating system and everything was working fine before i upgrade to Windows Installer version 2.0, but after installing it whenever i am trying to start it at that time i am getting the following message as The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can occur if you are running Windows in safe mode, or the Windows Installer is not correctly installed. Contact your support personnel for assistance. Can anyone solve this problem for me. Thanks in Advance.

Old 03-09-2009

I was also getting such kind of error message in that case i try to unregistered and re-register the Windows Installer and then click on start then goto run and over there type MSIEXEC and click on OK. Then once again click on start goto run option and type MSIEXEC /REGSERVER, and then click OK. Even if you do this correctly, it may look like nothing occurs, then you will see hourglass this means that your operation is complete.
Old 03-09-2009
Members

I have try to follow the steps which you have mention above but that also didn't worked out fro me, can anyone tell me some another solution which i can follow and fix this error message, at the same time i have try to reinstall Windows Installer but that also didn't worked out for me. Thanks for replying me.
Old 03-09-2009

If you really want to over come from this message then i would suggest you to system your system to previous date where it was workign fine but before doing that i would recommend you to once rename the following key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSIServer\Security to old key and reboot your system and run nstmsiw.exe for installer 2.0 again; this corrects the broken security key for the MSI service.Hope this works for you.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , , , ,