Thread: What is k2index.exe

What is k2index.exe

k2index.exe is present in my startup and continuously running in task manager. Whats the purpose of it? it wasn't present before i felt slow shut down from last few days , is it happening because of this k2index.exe? i'm feeling like its some malware or virus, but afraid to delete it. By windows search i found it @ C:\ColdFusion8\verity\k2\_nti40\bin\k2index.exe . Any thoughts about this?

Re: What is k2index.exe

Do a system restore now? Is it stills apears in system restore? since when you having this k2index.exe, try to find out the application to which it belongs. Uninstall any recently installed application . It would be better if you would posted the Hijackthis report here. Which antivirus you are using? does scan shows it as security threat?

Here i found the following information about k2index.exe by google search:

k2index.exe is an indexing program which belongs to Verity K2 Toolkit. It is usually comes with Macromedia ColdFusion. It is found in your system drive. It is an invisible program and a non-Windows system file. It uses your computer's ports to hook up to the internet or local area network. k2index.exe is a user invoked program and a normal part of PC operations. No action required. And you can delete it by locate keystone.exe in C:\\windows\system32 folder and eliminate the program completely.

k2index.exe is not a critical component. Install the Anti-malawre bytes and do a full scan. Its always better to keep your security software upto date for handling this type of issues.