Thread: Pioneer DVR-K17-ATA driver

Pioneer DVR-K17-ATA driver

Hello, I have lost my the driver for Pioneer DVD-RW driver DVR-K17-ATA and cannot find it anywhere. So can anybody help me with a link or two for the driver download of this driver. I have a Sony Vaio laptop that I bought last year. I have Windows XP with Service Pack 3 installed on it. Thank you for your time.

Re: Pioneer DVR-K17-ATA driver

Have you tried the reovery console cd that is provided to you with the laptop. I think that with a repair your dvd drive will work again and you wont even have to install the driver for the drive.

If your CD drive or DVD drive is missing or not recognized by Windows or other programs, so you cannot play or access a CD or DVD. This issue might have occurred after you installed, uninstalled, or updated a program or Windows XP.

Click Start, and then click Run.
    In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
    In the navigation pane, locate and then click the following registry subkey:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    In the right pane, click UpperFilters.

Note You may also see an UpperFilters.bak registry entry. You do not have to remove that entry. Click UpperFilters only. If you do not see the UpperFilters registry entry, you still might have to remove the LowerFilters registry entry. To do this, go to step 7.
    On the Edit menu, click Delete.
    When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.
    In the right pane, click LowerFilters.

Note If you do not see the LowerFilters registry entry, unfortunately this content cannot help you any further. Go to the "Next Steps" section for information about how you can find more solutions or more help on the Microsoft Web site.
    On the Edit menu, click Delete.
    When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.
    Exit Registry Editor.
    Restart the computer.

Source: microsoft.com

Here's the download link for your dvd writer:

http://www.opendrivers.com/freedownl...-download.html

You can also try to remove the device of your Pioneer dvd writer from device manager and reboot. Windows should detect the device and automatically set it up.

Hi all ..I am new here..just need some help..
    my HP dv6710ea laptop dvd writer ..Pioneer dvr k17b ata has been damaged and I want to replace it. Can anyone give me advise as to if just any make like samsung will be ok - plug n play ? or will I have to buy another of the same.
    Also, is it easily replaced..can I do it myself?..
    Thanks ..