Thread: How to edit mkv file

How to edit mkv file

Hi,

I want to Edit matroska(.mkv) files,is there an editor of video which can edit the Mkv file without loss of quality in the end. I have searched on net for mkv (matroska) file editor, but could not find any result regarding such file editor , i hope someone can help me on this.

Thank you.

Re: How to edit mkv file

Download this mkvtoolnix v1.8.0, its the standard matroska creation and editing tool, all recent builds supports the new lacing method, so make sure to have a recent splitter. The GUI is called mmg.exe, since 1.6.0 it is coming with a nice installer to make things easy for the user.

Avidemux offers an alternative to editing and encoding video, also free, but a little less confusing for a newbie. Everything is easily accessible: the choice of audio codecs and video, adding filters or the preview video and defining marks the beginning and end. The software allows the encoding of videos in multiple formats MPEG, MP4, AVI, OGM .using many codecs (H263, MPEG4, XviD or x264 for video, LAME, FAAC, Vorbis, WAV, including AC3 for audio), the establishment of projects involving multiple tasks of encoding, or the addition of many filters , cropping, subtitles. with script management. A bitrate calculator and automatic modes for DVD, VCD, SVCD and PSP are also present.

Download Free Download MKV Editor for Mac, after installation open the application and insert the mkv video to edit, and if you want to convert .mkv video to a common format do as you wish, after this you are going to start editing the video in the next step. cut,trim, split, adjust as per your need and Execute the editing process. the video conversion process will run at the same.