Thread: How to play .thm files

How to play .thm files

Hi,

I have Sony digital camera which records videos in .THM format, I have a ton of movies I recorded on my camera, now when I play this video on my pc, it wont play at all, I tried to rename the file to .WMV and .AVI. but still it wont play the video, What codec do we require to play this file format, and is there any video converter which can convert this file to any popular video format.

Re: How to play .thm files

THM file extension is the most commonly used by many different applications to store images. Thumbnails are small images which are smaller versions of larger images or videos. The images are usually created for the multimedia library. Thumbnails take less resources than display size images, and much less bandwidth when they are transferred over the Internet. Some group programs as well as several images in single file. This is done to avoid unnecessary tension on the computer file system. Thumbnails may also be used for vector graphics formats that would extremely difficult to render in real time. You can play this file using ACDSee Photo Manager .

The .thm file is just a thumbnail image. When you start recording the video it the camera creates this thumbnail for viewing movies on the camera in playback mode. But when you press ok to play it, it then opens the .MPG movie and plays it. but when you transfer these files to your PC, the .thm file is pretty much useless.

.thm file extension is widely considered as a thumbnail image file, which is created by picture or video programs. A thumbnail of a picture will show users the small size of your photos or images from digital camera or website images. You can play this file by simply rename it to .jpg file. You will also have custom software that came with the camera to view/play/convert those thm files. us e it to convert the video to Popular media format.