Thread: HP ProtectSmart not working on Windows 7

HP ProtectSmart not working on Windows 7

My cousin brother is having HP laptop with him and he has install Windows 7 x64 bit on his laptop everything seems to be workign properly expect ProtectSmart sensor & QuickLaunch button. When he called Hp support center they told him to download both the drivers from there website. After installing when he went to device manager it says that hard drives are not supported. He has come at my place for help, does anyone know to overcome from this issue ?

HP ProtectSmart issue

If you want that HP Protect Smart run in your laptop then i first you need to uninstall HP 3D DriveGuard from your system and then goto device manager and Open System devices over there you will find HP Mobile Data Protection Sensor uninstall this one too and also delete driver files. After uninstalling the drivers i would suggest you to visit HP website and download SP42565 from there and have a installation for the same. It might happen that ProtectSmart might not run in that case you can run from C:\Windows\System32\accelerometerST.exe because it won't install in the start menu. If it works and you get the protectsmart settings, you should be able to enable the drive. Now finally reboot your laptop for changes to get effected.

I was also facing such kind of issue in my HP Pavilion DV5 1101en, but it got solved by just uninstalling SP39123 and after uninstalling it i try to download fresh copy of SP42565 from it's original site and after which my problem was being solved by the way. Thanks for your reply.

When i try to install SP42565 it was not getting install after when i called HP support care they told me uninstall the SP39123 and regain install SP42565, but still HP Protect Smart was not working on my laptop, then i finally took my laptop to service Center and told them about the issue, they install HP Protect Smart by selecting compatibility mode and then i was able to use my HP ProtectSmart on Windows 7.