Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 31-08-2009

How to Make Firefox 3 default mailto for Hotmail

Hello, I am tired of making Hotmail the default mailto in Firefox 3 but to no avail. In about:config I have been trying to maked some values and strings as well but that doesnt work. The mailto is set for only Gmail and Yahoo by default under Firefox settings and it cannot be changed as per my serveral attempts? How can I do this, can anyone help me? Thank you
Old 31-08-2009

Re: How to Make Firefox 3 default mailto for Hotmail

Here's how to change the e-mail program used by Firefox :
Firefox normally uses your operating system's default mail program to send an e-mail message. This article explains how you can change the program that is launched when you click on
  • Send link... from the File menu
  • Send link... from the context (right-clickCtrl+click) menu in Firefox
  • A "mailto" or e-mail link on a web page (e.g., examples@examples.net)

More tips here.
Old 31-08-2009

If you want to make Firefox 3 default mailto for Hotmail then in firefox 3, click on Tools > Options > Applications. Then, type "mailto", without the quotes, into the search box. Click on the line that appears below and choose whatever mail handler you want.

TIP: Use Outlook Express for Hotmail (in XP) or Windows Mail (in Vista) or download Windows Live Mail.
Old 31-08-2009

There is a setting in Firefox 3 which is altogether different from Firefox 2 version of browser, by default, Firefox (and Thunderbird) don't have what you need to open links in one to the other.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , ,