Thread: What is a Sky Remote system

What is a Sky Remote system

Hi,
    Does anyone is familiar about Sky Remote service. I want some more information on it. Does anyone is really using it. The basic thing I know about it that it offers a TV Recording service from mobile phone. But does this really work. I never heard about such thing. And second thing is this free or chargeable. I will go for it if found really useful. As it give remove access to the recording shows that means I can sync with my Media center anywhere. Any suggestions really appreciated.

Re: What is a Sky Remote system

It is a service provided by the Sky company which is a cable TV service provider. This service offers you to record you shows when you are not near your Media center pc. This helps those who do not want to miss there favorite shows. The application works with Apple iPhone. It helps you to remotely manage your SkyHD DVR to schedule a recording and then to manipulate it. You have to enable the service by sending a sms and then access the scheduler.

It is a new service introduces recently. But I do not thing this is worth paying. Anyhow you will come to your Media center to watch those shows back. You need to install a Sky HD DVR box. So that means this service is only available on Sky TV service. It also available on many smart phone. The only thing you need is to send a sms or email to the Sky company they will remotely join you to your scheduler. It is a innovative product by Sky for its customers.

It is simple mobile phone service by which you set and change the time and date of your TV show recording. When you assign the service you will get a 7 days access to EPG. EPG stands for Electronic Programme Guide. Once it is downloaded on your mobile then you will need to register it on Sky.com. So on your mobile you have to sent a message 30 min before you want to start recording a show. It is a chargeable service.