Thread: How to make a table in illustrator

How to make a table in illustrator

I am pretty new to illustrator. I cant seem to work out how to make a table? because as the practice I created a table but it does not work out as I have designed a 23 row by 2 column table in Word which looks fine but when I cut and paste it into Illustrator it looses shading and color. I think I am mistaking somewhere. Please help.

Re: How to make a table in illustrator

Draw a rectangle the size you need for the overall crossword, with a white fill and black stroke and making a to-do list.
    1. Go to Object > Path > Split into Grid
    2. In the options dialog, change both gutters to 0, and enter the number of boxes you need horizontally and vertically.
    3. Click OK, then select any squares you want to be black and colour them appropriately.

You can build a table using the Area Type Options in the Type menu. In order to access it you first have to create the area type - click and drag using the Text Tool. I figured out how to make the table in InDesign. Now the next obstacle - I can't seem to insert size4 text into any of the cells. When I put in size 4 Myriad it shows a cut off red dot with white stroke. Unfortunately I can't explain what these mean without revealing their true identities but if anyone wants to take a stab at what their real names are be my guest.

Click the Graph Tool, Hold down the mouse button to reveal all of the available graphs. Once the pie graph has appeared, drag the cursor onto it and release the mouse button. Click and drag the cursor on the screen briefly. These initial settings are not that important, and are purely down to the layout you are trying to achieve. You could use a percentage pr pixel setting for the width of the table. Releasing the left mouse button will bring up the table in which numbers can be entered for the pie chart as in Image 2. Also, sometimes it "hides" the custom option somewhere in a wacky place in the Properties menu/button on the print dialogue screen.