Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to open .dvr extension format

Windows Software

Old 31-08-2009

How to open .dvr extension format

Hello,

I want to open .dvr extension format or files? I have tried Windows Media Player, BS Player Classic, VLC, Quicktime; but none of them able to play dvr files. I think there is codec missing which can open .dvr file. I am not sure where to get the correct codec either. please help me.

Old 31-08-2009

Re: How to open .dvr extension format

Dvr is a Video format used for storing recorded television content; introduced in Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition; permits DVR functions such as time-shifting, pausing live TV, and simultaneous recording and playback; video is encoded as MPEG-2 and audio is encoded as MPEG-1 Layer II.

There are two main ways to attempt to convert a DVR-MS file to another file type:
  • Open the DVR-MS file in its default program and choose to save the open file as another file format.
  • Use a File Conversion Online Service or Software Program to convert the DVR-MS file to another file format.
Old 31-08-2009

DVR-MS files can be played with Windows Media Player on systems with Windows XP SP1 or later installed; they can also played within Windows Media Center, which is included with Windows Vista Home Premium and Ultimate editions. You cannot usually change a file extension (like the DVR-MS file extension) to one that your computer recognizes and expect the newly renamed file to be usable.
Old 31-08-2009

The easiest way to open a DVR-MS file is to double-click on it and let your PC decide which default application should open the file. If no program opens the DVR-MS file then you probably don't have an application installed that can view and/or edit DVR-MS files. Warning: Take great care when opening executable file formats received via email or downloaded from websites you're not familiar with. See my List of Executable File Extensions for a listing of file extensions to avoid and why.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , , , ,