Thread: Unable to rename avi files

Unable to rename avi files

Hi,

I am facing a weird issue with Avi files, i can play avi files using Windows media player, I doesnt start the video, I am with windows xp service pack 2. I dont know which player should i use to play Avi files. I also tried to rename file, but it gives me "Error Renaming File or Folder:" Cannot rename "filename": It is being used by another person or program. I have recently downloaded this file using Torrent.

please help me

Re: Unable to rename avi files

The files which you have downloaded may be corrupted. try other AVI files with windows media players, File names can be an impediment to playing files sometimes. renaming the files will not gonna do the needful if your files is corrupted. If you rename an AVI file to other format, no program will be able to open it because it will think that it is something that it is not.

You need to actually CONVERT the file to a new format, Ultra AVI Converter can convert, split and join AVI files to video format you want AVI, MPEG, VCD, SVCD, DVD, WMV. With Ultra AVI Converter, you will be able to collect small files into one and split a large file into several pieces. The system allows you to perform all these operations in a single click. The application requires no technical knowledge, it is very easy to use.

Use WinAVI Video Converter, With only 3 clicks, WinAVI Video Converter lets you convert and burn your movie files. It supports most video file formats, including AVI, MPEG1/2/4, VCD / SVCD / DVD, DivX, XVid, MKV, 3GP, ASF, WMV, RM, QuickTime MOV, Flash SWF. Its powerful compression / decompression video allows him to convert a full AVI movie to DVD in 1 hours. The Burning VCD / SVCD / DVD is also supported.