Thread: Web Browsers Available for Linux?

Web Browsers Available for Linux?

I have Ubuntu 9.04 installed on my computer. Now i am very bored of Firefox and i want to try some new browsers. Can any one post the name and/or links for available Web Browsers Available for Linux? I hope you guys would help me... Thanks in advance...

Re: Web Browsers Available for Linux?

Have a look at these themes :
    3D plugins for Browsers
    Comparison of web browsers
    15 Alternative Web Browsers

These might help you...

There are some more browsers like :

Sea Monkey :
    SeaMonkey is a free, open source, and cross-platform Internet suite. It is the continuation of the former Mozilla Application Suite, based on the same source code. SeaMonkey consists of a web browser, which is based on Netscape Navigator, an e-mail and news client program, an HTML editor and an IRC client integrated.

Galeon :
    Galeon is a web browser for GNOME, based on Mozilla’s Gecko engine. Galeon was suppose to deliver “the web and only the web.” At the time of Galeon’s creation, the most popular web browsers, including Netscape, Mozilla, and Internet Explorer, were large multi-functional programs.

Kazehakase :
    Kazehakase is a Japanese web browser for Unix-like operating systems that uses the GTK+ libraries. Kazehakase embeds the Gecko layout engine as well as GTK+ WebKit. However, the author also plans to add the ability to switch between additional different rendering engines. The browser is named after the short story Kazehakase by Japanese author Sakaguchi Ango. Kazehakase is free software available under the GNU General Public License.

Apart from the mentioned browsers, i am aware of these other two browsers :

Midori :
    Midori is a web browser that aims to be lightweight and fast. It uses the WebKit rendering engine and the GTK+ 2 interface. Midori is part of the Xfce desktop environment's Goodies component. The project is still at alpha status. Though Midori has been known for frequent crashes in the past, the 0.1.7 release has made crashes very infrequent and the browser overall more stable.

Netsurf :

NetSurf is an open source web browser which runs on a variety of platforms including RISC OS, Linux, AmigaOS and Unix-like systems. NetSurf has features that include tabbed browsing, text selection and PDF export.