Thread: What is ipoint.exe

What is ipoint.exe

I have a computer which is working absolutely fine, but sometimes the computer acts too slow. I cannot find the fact why it is working so slow, i tried to look in the task manager and there are no processes which are running which i can be suspicious of. But there is this process ipoint.exe running since the computer boots. I don't know what it does, also it consumes very less memory and nothing happens if i close this process. But still i want to be sure if it is dangerous. So can please help me to know what is ipoint.exe? Is it necessary for windows to operate safely? Please guide me friends... Thanks in advance.

Re: What is ipoint.exe

It is not necessary that a virus is a single process running. Today hackers and virus coders have become so advance that the make many files and out of which even if one file is running the virus would be active. Also i have seen so many viruses that run two more process if its one process is terminated, so image how will you end up if you keep on killing the number of virus infected processes? Eventually you will have to reboot your machine as the virus will eat up all the physical memory present on the computer. Well if there is no suspicious activity from this file, just ignore and follow basic steps for speeding up your computer like empty recycle bin and temporary folders and remove unnecessary applications from startup. Hope this information helps...

Well i did all the possible things i could do to speed up my computer. I tried emptying recycle bins, temporary folders and even there is enough space on drive "C:\". I also defragmented my hard disk, but still there's no help from the computer side. Ok i think ipoint.exe is not any virus file, but can anyone shed some light on it, like what process is it? Does it run with all windows OS? Because i have been noticing that this process is running on my computer since the day i brought it home...

ipoint.exe is a process installed alongside Microsoft IntelliMouse and provides additional configuration options for these devices. This program is a non-essential process, but should not be terminated unless suspected problems. Nothing to worry about. Have fun...