Thread: Need help playing .001 files

Need help playing .001 files

Hello,

I have downloaded .001 .002 .003 file of a movie from megaupload.com but i cant play those file using any of my video players, When i try it with Windows media player it says it is split file type with .001 extension. Is there anyone who knows how to open .001 files.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Re: Need help playing .001 files

There are some videos which are in .001 format and which can not be played by any media player. HJSplit is a simple program you use to split and join your files. If you have a file too large, this is the ideal tool allowing you to split it into several parts. You can obviously using HJSplit join all the parts cut whenever you want. It will also make comparisons between files and be able to handle files up to 10 GB (cut in units of 640 Mb). it simple to use and you dont need to install it on your pc.

You can also use NewzToolz, it is a free utility program that can decode yEnc, RAR, and PAR files. NewzToolz can also combine files, that is, glue them together, contains an NZB downloader, can play slideshows, and can be used to read, and post to, newsgroups.

Download it from here

You can use MasterSplitter. This utility allows you to Simply join .001 file. MasterSplitter is also available in 16-bit version. You can specify the file size, or set up automatic processing. The application also offers a tool assembly files divided.

There are videos that use .001 extension. Those videos cant be played just like that using Window Media Player or Winamp or any other player.So how to play it? Follow these instructions:

Download HjSplit. HjSplit is a file splitting program for Windows XP, Vista, 2000, NT, 95, 98, ME. HJSplit is able to split files of any type and any size as well as merge it back.

This software doesn't need to be install. Just run it.

Select Join. Then at Input File column, browse for the video.

Leave the output file as it will be filled up automatically.

Then click Start. When it is done, a video file will appear in the same directory where you place the .001 file.
    Then just play it with any compatible player such as Windows Media Player, Real Player and etc.

This works !

THANKS