Thread: Adobe After Effects for 64bit

Adobe After Effects for 64bit

hi
    looking for some help regarding Adobe After Effects i want to know that does Adobe After Effects supports 64bit operating system ? i am having currently 32bit operating system on that i am on cs 3 but my configuration can support 64 bit version so i am planning to install 64 bit windows so please help me.
    thank you

Re: Adobe After Effects for 64bit

performance can be achieved with enough RAM and core. 2GB per core is highly recommended for CS3 but with 64bit Windows, each core can capture up to 4GB .I think with dual core so 8GB max for AE

Another factor that may have effects performance is the disk cache enabled and set to use the same drive as the media / making units. If you have only a single unit bus (internal bus), would be best to disable the disk cache.

There is an upgrade to CS4 (9.0.2) which solve some issues and can help with making making performance. If you have not already upgraded, you should.

Also, you might want to run the task manager while rendering to see exactly what's happening. If you see that the CPU is low efficiency, so there is probably a bottleneck in data. If the RAM is not that the achievement of potential, so the data bottleneck is probably in a unit of buses.

But the difference in performance on a system with older vs. CS3. The new system with CS4 is good .

I had read that Adobe CS4 will be 64-bit but now it must be for all i am not sure. 64-bit support offer the biggest speed advantages for working with massive images on systems with RAM of about 32GB. so that means your capacity get doubled so if you have 64 bit operating system that is good

Running on 64 bit i have no problem but with your older version it is not possible so get to the latest Adobe After Effects cs4 version that is 9.0.2 that provides fixes for several types of crashes, clip-level RED R3D support (via REDCODE v1.7 plugin), XDCAM HD (Avid-style MXF) support also QuickSearch in the project