Thread: What is .Tod and .mod files

What is .Tod and .mod files

Hi,

I have recorded some videos on my JVC HDD camcorder, I copy all video in my pc but they are .TOD and .MOI files. i dont know what is TOD and .MOI files, i cant play them on my pc using any player, I really need .MOV or .MPG files for them to work in my pc. please help me.

Thank you

Re: What is .Tod and .mod files

MOD and TOD are informal names of tapeless video formats used by JVC (MOD and TOD), Panasonic (MOD only) and Canon (MOD only) in some models of digital camcorders. Format names correspond to extensions of video files. Neither JVC nor Panasonic, who pioneered the format, explained meaning of the file extensions, and the formats were never given an official name. MOD is used exclusively for standard definition video files, while TOD is used for high definition files.

Xilisoft Video Converter is a powerful conversion tool that allows you to convert your videos in various formats together: DVD, VCD, SVCD, AVI, MPEG, WMV, MP4, 3GP, H.264/MPEG-4 AVC, MOV, RM , ASF, FLV, SWF ,Also, your videos can easily convert into an audio file: MP3, MP2, AC3, RA, M4A, OGG, AAC, etc

To convert .mod to .tod

1. Transfer MOD, TOD, AVCHD files from camcorder to PC.
    2. Connect the camcorders to your PC with a USB cable. It is desirable to copy the videos to your PC's hard-drive before converting or editing it.
    3. Download HD Video Converter , then install and run this program.
    4. Load the camcorder videos
    5. Click the "Add" button to browse your computer hard disc camcorder and add the files you want to convert to the program. Here we add two. MOD and one. M2TS files.
    6. After you added video camcorder, you can select an output format and specify a directory on your computer to save the output files. Here we select as output iPod MP4 format, so you can put the converted video on your iPod.
    7. Click the "Start" button to start conversion and then you can just have a coffee or take a nap, and the conversion may have been finished when you come back.
    8. Connect your iPod with your computer, copy the converted video camcorder (iPod Video H.264) to your iPod, so you can enjoy it on-the-go.