Thread: What is RMVB file

What is RMVB file

Hi,

I have downloaded some RMVB file so i would like to know how to play those file on my pc. I have tried with all players like Windows media player, vlc player, Divx player. but it couldn't play the video. what is RMVB file ? and what codec do we require to play these files. please help me

Re: What is RMVB file

RMVB is a file type that many people use for their video format is. Rmvb. Real Media video format is commonly used for its compressed file size. There is a high demand for a video uploading site to make these files to be hosted able to be viewed online. Rmvb Myspace a big video hosting provider oz accepted that this format has dropped encoding. Avi is its new flash uploader. Thus providing a great opportunity to make this file type Fliggo accepted on to claim all the lost from MySpace users.

To play the RMVB file you must have a player that is capable of playing RealMedia. You can try Media Player Classic supports, it and works very well. Supported: RealAudio (.ra .rpm), RealMedia (.rm .ram .rmvb .rpx .smi .smil), RealText (.rt), ReadPix (.rp), RealMedia embedded in webpages. Real Alternative Lite allows you to play RealMedia files in all DirectShow enabled players. Without this filter RealMedia files can only be played in Media Player Classic. This filter only works with files that are on your harddrive. It does NOT work with streaming content. Therefore it is highly recommended to use Media Player Classic, because MPC does support streaming content.

RealMedia Splitter allows you to play audio or video format RealNetworks (RM, RAM, RMVB, etc.). From any media player based on DirectX. Particular it can be used in conjunction of RealAlternative to read files RMVB. Simply unzip the file RealMediaSplitter.ax (using 7-Zip) in the directory c: winntsystem32 or C: WINDOWSsystem32 as the operating system (Windows 2000 / Windows XP).