Thread: Windows XP MCE codec software

Windows XP MCE codec software

Hi,
    I have a old Windows Media Center 2005 system at my home. Recently due to virus problem I had format my pc and then re-install back again. After this my media center does not read some music and audio files. That can be probably a coded problem. Now every time it needs a codec update when there is any new type of audio and video. I want know that is there any third party software which can scan my pc for codecs and install the relevant pack. Or a all in one pack which does need to be updated. My Media center is having a problem is recording shows in mpeg format. When I try to copy it shows decoder in use. Any suggestions really appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Windows Vista MCE codec software

The best solution for you a Windows XP decoder checkup service. It is a freeware program that can be downloaded from the site of Microsoft. The service scans you computer for need codec and install the needful automatically. The decoder is fully compatible with Windows XP. The update offers you a mpeg 2 decoder which is need full to play any DVD and encoded videos. The software install a directory of codecs in your Windows that can be used to read any audio and video. This does not works in Windows Vista. Download it from the below link and then install it.
    Download Windows Codec Utility.

I am attaching a very simple and free Windows XP Decoder application that will take care about the codec issue. It will prompt you for the update and then if you want you can install it. It is kind of a codec scanner. You can manually also scan your computer for the codecs and add new one. The tool supports Windows XP MCE and Media Player 10. It is simple mpeg 2 decoder software. Mpeg 2 is the traditional and most common type of a DVD format. MCE also saves all the files in MPEG type container. It has windows which shows up you the current codec in your system. The error you are facing is due to broken codec files.

A most common codec update can fix your issue out. I will list you some search them out and download them. The first one is K Lite codec pack. It is a freeware codec pack for Windows XP and it comes with Windows Media Player Classic. The media classic has all the respective encoding and decoding utilities which is very important upgrade for MCE. Second you can add a VLC player, haali media splitter, cyberlink video decoder and nero decoder.