Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 24-08-2009

Window movie maker codec error

Hi,

I have Downloaded some .Mpeg movies files on my pc but when I open into Windows Movie Maker, but I get an error message that the codec required to play, not installed. However, I can just play the file with Windows Media Player and when I open the file in GSpot, it has indeed that the codecs installed. How is this possible? Incidentally, I can not play the file with QuickTime Player or DivX Player. I am using windows XP Service pack 2.
Old 24-08-2009

Re: Window movie maker codec error

Unfortunately watching mpeg license technically is not always the same as MPEG editing. But as in mat free codec installed along with ffdshow you're likely to find a solution. It can also equal a solution to all your other codec problems.
Old 24-08-2009

Re: Window movie maker codec error

If you want to play .mpg files on Window movie maker then download this codec packs, that you will surely be able to process your video in Windows Movie Maker! Also do check the the filter settings of Windows Movie Maker. If GSpot says the codec installed, then I would find it very odd that Windows Movie Maker indicates that the codec is not there, or i think you should refer the codecs GSpot not necessary to edit.

TechArena Community > Software > Windows Software
Tags: , ,